- Duquesne University School of Law
J.D. awarded 1988
- Graduated seventh in class
- Duquesne University Law Review - Senior Staff
- Appellate Moot Court - member
- Thomas J. and Rose Brennan McManus Memorial Scholarship for being third in class following completion of first year
- Award for Excellence in Family Law
- University of Pittsburgh
B.A. awarded 1985 in Political Science with concentration in Government Service
- Partner - Fried, Kane, Walters, Zuschlag & Grochmal, 1995 to present
- Attorney responsible for administrative law and appellate litigation of Pennsylvania workers' compensation injury and occupational disease case. Experience in litigation of Federal Black Lung case(coal workers' pneumoconiosis) 1988 - 1994.
- Associate from 1988 - 1994
- Law clerk - Fried, Kane, Walters, Zuschlag & Grochmal - Legal research and writing of briefs and other pleadings for submission to workers' compensation Referees, Workmen's Compensation Appeal Board, Commonwealth Court and Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1988
- Law clerk - William D. Anthony, Esquire - Preparation of legal documents, pleadings, briefs, etc. for a solo practitioner with a diverse civil and criminal practice, 1986-1988
Significant Appellate Decisions:
- Furnival State Machinery/Transamerica Insurance Group v. W.C.A.B. (Slye) 757 A.2d 433 (Pa. Commw.2000), alloc. denied, 771 A.2d 1289(Pa. 2001).
- Galloway vs. Pennsylvania State Police) 756 A.2d 1209 (Pa. Commw. 2000).
- Roth v. W.C.A.B. (Amore Management Co. & Penn National Insurance), 727 A.2d 1185 (Pa. Commw. 1999).
- Fotta v. W.C.A.B. (U.S. Steel/USX Corp.), 714 A.2d 497 (Pa. Commw. 1998).
- Galloway v. W.C.A.B. (Pa. State Police), 690 A.2d 1288 (Pa. Commw. 1997).
- Joyner v. W.C.A.B. (Pittsburgh Steelers Sports, Inc.), 667 A.2d 13 (Pa. Commw. 1995).
- Walker v. W.C.A.B. (Sherbren Manufacturing), 656 A.2d 164 (Pa. Commw. 1995).
- Refiners Transport & Terminal v. W.C.A.B. (Harris), 632 A.2d 979 (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- Lenzner Coach Lines v. W.C.A.B. (Nymick), 632 A.2d 947 (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- St. Francis Hospital of New Castle v. W.C.A.B. (Kerr), 628 A.2d 920 (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- City of Monesson School Dist. v. W.C.A.B. (Hays), 624 A.2d 734, (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- James Pitkavish v. W.C.A.B (Pullman Standard), 640 A.2d 494 (Pa. Commw. 1994).
- Weyerhaeuser v. W.C.A.B., A.2d 1283 (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- Patricia McFaddin v. W.C.A.B., 610 A.2d 709 (Pa. Commw. 1993).
- Linda Kraushaar v. W.C.A.B., 596 A.2d 1233 (Pa. Commw. 1991).
- Thomas Beres v. W.C.A.B., 593 A.2d 939 (Pa. Commw. 1991).
- Patrick Wagner v. W.C.A.B., 575 A.2d 168 (Pa. Commw. 1990).
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Workers' Compensation Section
- Federal District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
James A. Mazzotta